Flood Warning Q107 Listening AreaLocal Weather Alerts

Flood Warning
...the Flood Warning Continues For The Following Rivers In South Dakota... Firesteel Creek Near Mount Vernon James River At Huron James River Near Forestburg James River At Mitchell ...Read More.
Effective: September 19, 2019 at 7:39amExpires: September 20, 2019 at 11:39amTarget Area: Davison; Hanson

Flood Warning
...the Flood Warning Continues For The Following Rivers In South Dakota... Firesteel Creek Near Mount Vernon James River At Huron James River Near Forestburg James River At Mitchell ...Read More.
Effective: September 19, 2019 at 7:39amExpires: September 22, 2019 at 8:00amTarget Area: Davison

Rock or Troll? Dwayne Johnson says he was offered 2019 Oscars hosting gig before Kevin Hart

Shane Tegarden/© 2017 CTMG, Inc. All Rights Reserved.(LOS ANGELES) — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson dropped a bomb Wednesday when he revealed that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences actually offered him the opportunity to host the Oscars before it gave the gig to Kevin Hart.

What’s not clear is whether or not Johnson’s claim is just another example of him busting his his Jumanji co-star buddy Kevin’s chops.

It started when a fan tweeted that Johnson should take over the hosting gig, which was vacated after Hart stepped down amid controversy.

Johnson responded, “…I was their first choice to host this year, and my goal was to make it the most fun and entertaining Oscars ever. We all tried hard, but couldn’t make it work since I’m shooting [the] Jumanji [sequel].”

ABC News asked Johnson’s rep if the tweet was a joke, since Johnson and Hart often poke fun at each other via social media. There’s so far been no response.

Hart gave up the Oscar hosting gig December after homophobic tweets he posted almost eight years ago resurfaced. In January, Hart apologized to the LGBTQ community, but declared he’s moved on from the controversy.

As a result, this year’s Oscars will have no host, marking the first time since 1989 that there won’t be one central MC.

Earlier this week, a diverse array of Oscars presenters were announced, including Whoopi Goldberg, Tessa Thompson, and Awkwafina.

The Oscars are set to air February 24 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

HBO leaks ‘Game of Thrones’ photos ahead of Season 8

HBO/Helen Sloan(LOS ANGELES) — The final season of Game of Thrones is just two months away, and fans are getting more sneak peeks of the highly-anticipated series as the premiere gets closer.

HBO released a series of 14 images promoting the eighth season, featuring some of the show’s most beloved, and most hated, characters.  The Stark siblings — Sansa, Bran and Arya — as well as the Lannister siblings — Tyrion, Jaime and Cersei — are all pictured, as are Brienne of Tarth, Sam Tarly and Ser Davos Seaworth.

The Game of Thrones Twitter account also shared an image of everyone’s favorite couple: Kit Harington’s Jon Snow and Emilia Clarke’s Daenerys Targaryen.
 
HBO also released an official teaser last month; the show returns April 14.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Gabrielle Union says she felt like a “failure” for having a daughter via surrogate

Photo by Presley Ann/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) — Actress and new mom Gabrielle Union admits she felt like she was “surrendering to failure” when she decided to use a surrogate to have her first child.

Union, 46, welcomed her first child with husband Dwyane Wade, last November, and has been open about her struggles with infertility, multiple miscarriages and medical issues in the past.

Still, in a new interview with Women’s Health magazine, the actress admits that the “idea” of using a surrogate to welcome baby Kaavia James into the world was something she struggled to accept.

“There’s nothing more that I wanted than to cook my own baby,” Union said, adding that when it comes to surrogacy: “The idea of it felt like surrendering to failure.”

As someone in the spotlight, she adds that she was especially apprehensive about the public’s reaction to finding out she went with a surrogate.

“People want to see the bump, hear that you got hemorrhoids — they want to know you’re like them,” she said. “I was like ‘This is going to seem like the most Hollywood s*** ever. Will I be embraced as a mom?’ It’s terrifying.”

The actress also revealed how she picked her surrogate, saying, “Some people care about the race, religion, or food habits of their surrogate. I was like, ‘I want a reader.’”

One thing the Bring it On actress says she didn’t have any qualms about was becoming a first-time mom in her 40s, adding, “Any earlier and the FOMO would have greatly influenced how I parented.”

“Now I’m in the right mindset and mental space…I’m open to being the best mom I can be,” she said.

The new issue of Women’s Health magazine is now on newsstands nationwide.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

BAFTA suspends ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ director Bryan Singer’s nomination amid misconduct allegations

20th Century Fox(LONDON) — The British Academy of Film and Television Arts announced Wednesday that it’s suspending its nominations for Bohemian Rhapsody director Bryan Singer amid accusations that he sexually assaulted minors.

“In light of recent very serious allegations, BAFTA has informed Bryan Singer that his nomination for Bohemian Rhapsody has been suspended, effective immediately,” the British Academy said in a statement.

“BAFTA considers the alleged behavior completely unacceptable and incompatible with its values. This has led to Mr. Singer’s suspended nomination,” the statement continues. “BAFTA notes Mr. Singer’s denial of the allegations. The suspension of his nomination will therefore remain in place until the outcome of the allegations has been resolved.”

Bohemian Rhapsody received a total of seven BAFTA film nominations, all of which remain in place. However, Singer’s name, which appeared alongside Graham King and Anthony McCarten in the best British film nomination, has been removed.  The awards are this Sunday in London.

Singer was fired from Bohemian Rhapsody two weeks before the scheduled end of shooting over what the studio called “unexplained absences.” After a hiatus in filming, actor/director Dexter Fletcher took the reins but due to union regulations, Singer remains the only credited director on the project. As he worked on the film, Singer was accused by several men of sexual assault and other misdeeds throughout his career. Singer has denied the accusations.

Further allegations of sexual assault and misconduct were made against Singer in a piece in The Atlantic a couple of weeks ago, prompting the film’s removal as a best original film nominee at this year’s GLAAD Media Awards. Singer has denied those claims as well, calling the article a “homophobic smear piece” that was “conveniently timed” to take advantage of Bohemian Rhapsody‘s success.

Singer is still expected to make some $40 million from Bohemian Rhapsody.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Liam Neeson reportedly scraps ‘Late Show’ appearance following racial comments

ABC(NEW YORK) — Liam Neeson has reportedly canceled his scheduled appearance on Friday’s The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, a source tells The Wrap.

The cancellation comes on the heels of Neeson’s comments during a recent interview with the British paper The Independent that he wanted to “unleash physical violence” against black men after a close friend revealed she had been brutally raped by one decades ago.

Neeson clarified his remarks to Good Morning America‘s Robin Roberts on Tuesday, insisting that he’s “not a racist,” adding that if his friend has said her attacker had been white, or Scottish, or any other ethnicity, he would have searched for someone who fit that description.

He also told Roberts that the lesson he wants people to take away from the controversial statements is that he learned, “Violence begets violence. Bigotry begets bigotry.”

Glenn Close, a best actress Oscar nominee for her role in The Wife, will appear on The Late Show in Neeson’s place, according to the insider.

Neeson attended the Tuesday New York City premiere of his film Cold Pursuit, opening nationwide on Friday, but the red carpet portion of the evening prior to the movie was canceled.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Last year’s Oscar winners returning for host-free telecast

AMPAS(LOS ANGELES) — The upcoming 91st Oscars may be bucking tradition by going host-less, but at least one ritual will remain intact: All four of last year’s Oscar-winning actors are expected to present awards.

In an apparent about-face, the Academy tweeted on Wednesday that Gary Oldman, Allison Janney, Frances McDormand and Sam Rockwell have all been invited to present.

Initially, reps for Janney and Rockwell were told that the two performers would not be part of this year’s ceremony, sources told The Hollywood Reporter, reportedly because the producers wanted to “shake things up.”

The 91st Academy Awards air February 24 on ABC.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Can you dig it? ‘Shaft’ trailer premieres on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’

L-R: Jesse Usher, Samuel L. Jackson and Richard Roundtree; Kyle Kaplan/Warner Bros. Pictures(NEW YORK) — The official trailer for the new Shaft movie premiered Wednesday night on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Samuel L. Jackson, who played John Shaft in the 2000 remake, made a surprise appearance on Kimmel, flanked in matching outfits by the original 1970’s John Shaft, Richard Roundtree, and actor Jessie T. Usher, who plays John Shaft Jr. in the forthcoming sequel.

The trailer features a heavy dose of both action and comedy, with the cross-generational Shaft men teaming up for a yet to be determined investigation, set to the the iconic Isaac Hayes theme music.

Support the Girls star Regina Hall also shows up for the fun, playing Shaft Jr.’s mother and John Shaft’s apparently ex-wife.

The movie is directed by Ride Along director Tim Story and co-written by black-ish creator Kenya Barris.

Shaft opens June 14.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

“Very emotional” — ‘Modern Family’ cast members react to news that show’s 11th season will be its last

ABC/Robert Ashcroft(LOS ANGELES) — Modern Family is returning for its eleventh and final season, ABC News reported Tuesday.

Cast members took to social media to comment about the revelation that their five-time Emmy-award winning series — which has been on air for the last 10 years — was coming to a close.

Jesse Tyler Ferguson, who plays Mitchell Pritchett on the show, noted alongside a montage of cast photos, “I can’t believe I’ve spent over a decade of my life working with a cast and crew I love so much. I’m already preparing myself for a VERY emotional last year with my beautiful, hilarious fake family. And thank YOU for watching.”

Eric Stonestreet, who plays Mitchell’s husband Cam on the show, reflected, literally, with a mirror picture of himself before his audition. “The first picture was taken February 4th 2009 (13 years after starting my acting career) on my way out the door to test for My American Family [as the show was known at that point],” he writes. “I’m so thankful and grateful to have had this job for the last 10 years and that I get to do it for ONE MORE year with this talented group of beauties.”

Actor Nolan Gould, who has played Luke Dunphy on the show since its premiere in 2009, posted a cast photo along with a message of appreciation to Instagram: “So happy that I get to spend one more year with this cast and crew. And grateful for the run we’ve had. What a journey it’s been. Thanks for taking it with us.”

Modern Family airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Woo hoo! “The Simpsons” is renewed for 31st and 32nd seasons

FOX(LOS ANGELES) — There seems to be no end in sight for Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge and the residents of Springfield: FOX has renewed The Simpsons for an unprecedented 31st and 32nd seasons. By the time the 32nd season is complete, the show will have aired just over 700 episodes.

In a statement, Homer Simpson said, “Woo hoo! 32 Seasons! Watch your back Meet the Press!’”

The Simpsons is already the longest-running primetime scripted show in TV history, having been on the air since 1990. Over the years, it’s won 33 Emmys, and has been named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time magazine.

The show, currently in its 30th season, will feature guest voice appearances by the likes of Ken Burns, Will Forte, Ken Jeong, Awkwafina, John Lithgow, rocker Dave Matthews, author Judy Blume and Oscar-winner J.K. Simmons.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Priyanka Chopra Jonas shares “freak-out moment” from her wedding to Nick Jonas

ABC/Lou Rocco(NEW YORK) — Priyanka Chopra Jonas is embracing married life with pop star and actor Nick Jonas. The two tied the knot last year with several elaborate ceremonies and receptions, starting with an epic celebration in Jodhpur, India last December.

In an appearance on Good Morning America on Wednesday, Priyanka opened up about the exciting time in her life and her many wedding celebrations.

“I wanted our wedding to be a very intimate affair,” she said. “We had just about 200 people, which is very less for an Indian wedding – that’s usually like 1,000 people.”

One moment in particular from her big day stood out for her.

“Right before I was supposed to walk down the aisle — I remember them putting the veil on me. The veil was like 75 feet — I was like, ‘I’m going to strain my neck muscles like the mother of dragons,'” she said.

“But I had a freak-out moment when I was standing right behind the curtains and they were going to tell me when to walk out and the music was going to start playing,” she continued. “I just started having a panic attack and then the doors opened and I saw him. And I cannot forget that moment.”

Priyanka also explained why the pair had so many different events to celebrate their union.

“In India you have so many people,” she said. “My mother was like, ‘How can I not invite like my jeweler to the wedding?’ And I was like ‘Mom, we’re trying to keep it small!’”

“So we had to do a bunch of receptions for everyone and family and friends,” she added. “I was just wedding-ed out by the last one.”

Priyanka’s new movie, Isn’t It Romantic, comes out February 13.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.