Flood Warning Q107 Listening AreaLocal Weather Alerts

Flood Warning
...the Flood Warning Continues For The Following Rivers In South Dakota...nebraska...iowa... Lake Francis Case At Chamberlain Missouri River At Niobrara Missouri River At Springfield James River At Huron ...Read More.
Effective: May 25, 2019 at 10:29amExpires: May 26, 2019 at 2:29pmTarget Area: Davison; Hanson

Flood Warning
...the Flood Warning Continues For The Following Rivers In South Dakota...nebraska...iowa... Lake Francis Case At Chamberlain Missouri River At Niobrara Missouri River At Springfield James River At Huron ...Read More.
Effective: May 25, 2019 at 10:29amExpires: May 29, 2019 at 6:00amTarget Area: Davison

Lisa Kudrow explains how appearing next to her ‘Friends’ co-stars hurt her body image

Photo by NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images(LOS ANGELES) — Lisa Kudrow has been in the public eye for decades, but being a celebrity hasn’t always been easy.

The actress told WTF podcast host Marc Maron that during the production of Friends, she felt extra pressure to be thin. She said that she had been self-conscious acting alongside Courteney Cox and Jennifer Aniston, who are shorter than she is.

“My bones feel bigger. I just felt like this mountain of a woman next to them,” the 5-foot-8 actress explained. By comparison, Cox and Aniston are a full three inches shorter.

“Unfortunately for a woman, if you’re underweight, you look good and that’s all I ever got,” she told Maron, adding, “And when I was too thin, I was sick all the time: a cold, a sinus infection, some kind of flu. I was always sick.”

She tells Maron she’s long since embraced her body, particularly as she gets older.

Kudrow, 55, starred as Phoebe Buffay on Friends for 10 years; the show ended in 2004, but years before that, the five co-stars famously negotiated a $1 million per episode salary.

The actress told Maron that she’s still being paid for her work on the sitcom, which is now streaming on Netflix and airing in syndication around the world.

She’s also stayed friendly with Cox and Aniston, as well as her other co-stars David Schwimmer, Matthew Perry, and Matt LeBlanc.

“We had dinner [at Aniston’s home] a couple years ago — everybody — for the first time since we were finished,” she said. “We just laughed! It was really fun.”

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

‘Power’ star Omari Hardwick says even with the online jabs, he can’t forget that 50 Cent “changed my life”

ABC/Fred Lee(NEW YORK) — Omari Hardwick is opening up about his unique relationship with Power co-creator 50 Cent, who, Hardwick admits, sometimes takes jabs at him online.

In a recent interview with ABC Radio, Hardwick says even with his close relationship to 50, he’s still finds himself a target when the rapper decides to have a little fun on social media. However, when that occurs, Omari says he definitely holds his own.

“If you’re raised like Omari or 50, then you’re going to challenge each other,” Hardwick explains. “Obviously, he challenges people. And as you know, Omari ain’t afraid to go after people on Instagram either. So, sometimes I’ll reach out and I’ll say, ‘Five, why do you do that?’ And he gives me an explanation for why he did that. Which means that he respects me enough to give me an explanation, because he could really ignore. And he doesn’t.”

Omari explains that his and 50’s relationship is built on trust and the fact that they have both survived adversity in their lives, including losing close loved ones to violence and growing up in tough urban settings. Hardwick says that it’s those similarities that bring them together– in addition to 50 being the main catalyst behind his critically-acclaimed role as Ghost on the hit crime drama Power.

“You’re going to get a different level of respect for each other when, when each other sort of allows each other to be that thing,” Hardwick explains. “50’s fun man. At the end of the day, he’s a fun, super intelligent cat, who again — and I said — he changed my life.”

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

You can say he’s back…’John Wick 4′ to debut May, 2021

Lionsgate(LOS ANGELES) — You can say he’s back — again. Just days after his third film in the series debuted as the number-one movie in America, it’s been confirmed that Keanu Reeves and his nearly unstoppable eponymous assassin John Wick will officially be back for a fourth film.

The news came via a text message to fans that referenced a catchphrase from John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum: “You have served. You will be of service. John Wick: Chapter 4 is coming – May 21, 2021”

That means the clock is ticking once again for Mr. Wick: He’ll be back in theaters in 1 year and 364 days from right now.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Johnny Depp says ex-wife Amber Heard’s injuries were “painted on bruises”

Photo by David M. Benett/Dave Benett/WireImage(LOS ANGELES) — After serving his ex-wife, Amber Heard, with a $50 million defamation lawsuit back in March, Johnny Depp is now claiming the physical injuries the Aquaman actress says he inflicted on her were “painted on bruises.”

The defamation suit was in response to a piece Heard wrote for The Washington Post about domestic abuse.

In a court document obtained by Deadline, Depp claims he never abused Heard or any other woman, adding, “She was the perpetrator, and I was the victim.”

“While mixing prescription amphetamines and non-prescription drugs with alcohol, Ms. Heard committed innumerable acts of domestic violence against me, often in the presence of a third-party witness, which in some instances caused me serious bodily harm,” Depp goes on to allege in the statement.

Depp’s latest salvo in his ongoing battle with Heard comes at the same time the Buckley LLP lawyers, who helped him score a victory over his former attorney of 20 years, Jacob Bloom, are suing Depp over profits from his career they claim he owes them.

In a Monday court filing, Fredrick Levin, Michael Rome and Ali Abugheida claimed Depp hasn’t paid the $347,979.89 remaining on his already discounted $535,697.28 bill. The trio allege their firm was promised the cash by last week after Depp fired them in January, supposedly in an effort to cut his expenses.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Will Smith “excited,” “proud” of ‘Aladdin’ at Hollywood world premiere

Walt Disney Studios(HOLLYWOOD) — We’ve still got three days to wait before Disney’s live-action remake of Aladdin opens, but a lucky few got to see it at Tuesday night’s world premiere at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood.

Will Smith stars as the Genie in the film, the role originally made famous by Robin Williams in the 1992 animated original. On the purple carpet, Smith told ABC Radio he’s thrilled that two years of work is finally ready for us to see.

“This is a beautiful night, it’s been a long time coming,” said Smith. “Two years to get here, and I’m on this red carpet with a movie that I love and I’m excited to have the world see it.”

Smith said he’s equally excited about the updates made to the new Aladdin, compared to the original.

“I would say the number-one that I’m proud of is the additions to the Princess Jasmine character,” Smith enthused.  “The idea that her character wants to rule — that added such a new flavor to the interactions between Jasmine and Aladdin.”

Smith added, “And then the new song, ‘Speechless,’ I think is the greatest accomplishment of this movie.”

Aladdin — also starring Mena Massoud in the title role, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Marwan Kenzari as Jafar, opens Friday, May 24 from Disney, parent company of ABC News.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. 

Los Angeles to declare May 21 “John Singleton Day”

Photo by Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic(LOS ANGELES) — John Singleton’s legacy will officially live on in his hometown of Los Angeles, California.

According to the Los Angeles Sentinel, Los Angeles City Council President Herb J. Wesson Jr. has declared May 21, 2019 “John Singleton Day” in Los Angeles.

The announcement is set to take place today at a celebration of Singleton’s life at Bovard Auditorium at the University of Southern California, where Singleton studied film and graduated from the university’s School of Cinematic Arts in 1990.

Singleton died on April 29 in Los Angeles after suffering a stroke on April 17. His family chose to remove him from life support, and a spokesperson said Singleton passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family and friends. 

“There is not enough that can be said about John Singleton and the profound impact he made in his 51 years of life,” said Wesson in a statement. “In a time and in an industry where all the odds were stacked against him, John overcame and became the best at his craft. And more than maybe anyone, he opened people’s eyes to a reality and an experience of South Los Angeles that had been overlooked by society.”

He continued, “Now in Los Angeles this day is a time to celebrate John and his legacy. It’s far sooner than we should have to, but there is so much to celebrate.”

Singlegton, who was well-respected in Hollywood for his work in both film and television, made history as the first black person and the youngest filmmaker ever to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Director, for his critically-acclaimed film Boyz In The Hood. 

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Watch Jason Momoa go all Khal Drogo about that ‘Game of Thrones’ finale

ABC/Eric McCandless(LOS ANGELES) — (SPOILER ALERT) (NOTE LANGUAGE) It looks like former Game of Thrones star Jason Momoa wasn’t too happy with the show’s finale, either.

In a now-deleted Instagram video that a fan captured, Momoa records his reaction to the underhanded murder of his former onscreen wife Daenerys Targaryen, at the hands of Jon Snow. F*** you.” the actor says plainly. “F***ing punk.”

The video picks up later in the episode, with Dany’s dragon torching the Iron Throne into slag. “F***!” Momoa screams, likely echoing millions of fans at that moment. “Ahhh!” he screams, in a war cry that could have come from his fearsome onscreen character Khal Drogo.

Momoa did not delete two videos of himself looking into the camera, seemingly frustrated and slightly teary eyed, as the HBO show’s closing theme plays.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Strange indeed: New Coke coming back for ‘Stranger Things’ season three tie-in

Netflix(LOS ANGELES) — Coca-Cola is leaning into what is considered among the biggest marketing misfires of all time by bringing back New Coke as a clever tie-in to the ’80s-set Stranger Things.

AdAge reports that since the Netflix’s show’s third season is set in 1985, it’s the perfect period for the soda to make a comeback. The trade noted that, “no money exchanged hands,” between the soda company and the streaming service, which doesn’t run commercials.

Barry Smyth, head of global partnership marketing at Netflix, tells the trade that bringing back the drink — which only spent 79 days on the market before Coca-Cola reverted to its original formula — started as a joke by Stranger Things creators Matt and Ross Duffer.

The third season of the acclaimed paranormal series hits Netflix on July 4 — right around the time you can taste the soda giant’s failure for yourself…for a limited time.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

James Gunn says ‘Brightburn’ helped him get through Disney firing drama

L-R: director David Yarovesky, Producer James Gunn/Photo: Eric Charbonneau – © 2019 CTMG(NEW YORK) — Guardians of the Galaxy series writer/director James Gunn is on the rebound, following his firing last year — and eventual rehiring — by Marvel Studios’ parent company Disney for Vol. 3.

However, things weren’t looking so bright last year, after his Marvel movie career came to a screeching halt when old, offensive tweets of his were unearthed.

Gunn apologized for the comments, and to fans, and to Disney executives. He also took a couple of jobs: writing and directing assignment for The Suicide Squad for Warner Bros. and producing the thriller Brightburn for director David Yarovesky and Sony Pictures. It hits theaters Friday.

The movie flips the Superman story on its head: an alien falls to earth as a baby, and is raised by human parents — but instead of growing up to fight for truth, justice, and the American way, the kid in Brightburn uses his superpowers for evil.

The project was, “definitely something I could focus on,” after the firing, the filmmaker tells USA Today. “I like to work, so Brightburn was a great help to me when I wasn’t doing anything.”

However, Gunn says he didn’t produce Brightburn as a distraction from the drama. “Any time I feel like I’m using something as an escape, I usually feel like that’s an unhealthy type of thing,” says the filmmaker, who has been open about his struggles with addiction in the past.

“I just had fun making Brightburn. I was excited to make a movie with the people that I loved and cared about the most, with a concept that I thought was really dynamite,” he adds.

Gunn was reinstated by Disney in March. There’s no release date set yet for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

Disney is the parent company of ABC News.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.

Dracarys! Over 19 million people watched the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale, says HBO

HBO(LOS ANGELES) — Love it or otherwise — and the dust from that debate’s definitely going to take some time to settle — a whole lot of people tuned in to watch the series finale of Game of Thrones.

HBO says a series record 19.3 million people watched Sunday night’s broadcast, when you add up the views on HBO, HBO GO and HBO NOW.  That handily beats the previous record 18.4 million people who watched the penultimate episode on May 12. 

HBO says the Game of Thrones series finale also set a single-telecast viewing record for any show in their history, topping the previous record-high 13.4 million people who watched the season four premiere episode of The Sopranos on September 15, 2002.

HBO’s award-winning dark comedy Barry, starring Bill Hader and Henry Winkler, definitely benefited from the Game of Thrones lead-in Sunday.  Its season two finale, which aired immediately after GoT, posted a series record 2.2 million viewers, HBO says, more than four times what its first-season finale drew.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.